(Beware of fraudulent advisories)
Investment Research: Are stocks the easiest way to build wealth?
Here are six reasons why, if you’ve not invested in stocks yet, you will definitely want to start this year:
• Opportunity to own an existing business: When you buy a stock, you get to buy a stake in an already existing business with the huge advantage that business already has all its employees and infrastructure in place, and is already up and running. You straightaway get a claim on the businesses future profits (in your proportion of ownership) without any of the headache or effort involved in running it.
• Liquidity: Buying stocks, you instantly rid yourself of all the above problems. You can instantly buy and sell your stake in the business with a single phone call or a few clicks of your mouse.
• An astounding number of choices: You can buy only if you really like something. It would be a truism to say that you will try to find the most profitable business being sold at the cheapest price. But the point is that the stock market puts you in a position where it enables you to make such a choice.
• Little money required: Think about this. Even if you plan to start a small grocery store in your neighborhood, you will have to stake a substantial amount of money on the success of just one venture that may or may not take off as planned. Compare this to buying a stake in a business in the stock market. You can get a piece of the action with even just a few hundred rupees, let alone lakhs and crores.
• No hassles of negotiations and brokerage: With stocks, the price is right there for you to see. No hassles of negotiating with the opposite party. The brokerage is usually pretty low too (usually a maximum of 0.5%). This helps ensure that a substantial part of your investment is not eaten up by frictional costs.
The prospect of a higher return: One thing at the very core of choosing to run a business instead of investing your money in a bank fixed deposits the expectation of higher returns on your investment. Thus, businesses usually strive to earn returns much higher than your run-of-the- mill investments. The trick is to buy a stock that has shown that it can accomplish the above with reasonable certainty, and to buy it at a good price.
If you are thinking of investments that could beat inflation and also give you good returns, one option might be to start investing in the stock market. If you have decided to do the same and go for it all by yourself, it’s not a bad idea. The stock market, when properly understood, can help you make a lot of money, but you can also lose all your money if you are tempted to invest randomly without knowing the nitty-gritty of the market.
Therefore, there are a few things you must know before you dive into the share market. Just read our next Article from Investment Research.